9/6/21

Rassle Inn #22


Every noted wrestling critic (i.e. the Meltzers of the world) has deemed last night's PPV the best of its kind.  Ever!  I'm even hearing that the tag team bout between The Young Bucks and The Lucha Brothers was the best cage match in history.  People, calm yourselves.  I watched AEW's All Out and yes, it was kind of phenomenal.  I'm reticent to jerk a knee and label it the most supreme wrestling event since the advent of sliced electricity.  I mean, can we wait a few days?  Why do so many journalists feel the need to rank a product as soon as it sees the light of day?

It should be satisfying enough to say that you enjoyed the damn thing.  Again, I enjoyed All Out.  And my head hit the pillow before the main event (I'm old).  Tony Khan should approach the coming months with caution.  His roster is at risk of becoming top-heavy.  He could administer a moratorium on signing new talent for a calendar year and his bottom line wouldn't recede an inch.  Ratings, buys, merch sales...there wouldn't be a single dip, I'm telling you.

On the other hand, maybe it's a shrewd idea to detonate all of these free agent bombs within a stone's throw of each other.  They're almost contiguous.  It has made an impact, no pun intended.  The hubbub simply cannot be ignored.  I didn't think a review was necessary, but if you're curious, I'm of the mind that none of the matches were bad per se.  Paul Wight's thrashing of Q.T. Marshall was dispensable filler, though.  Punk/Darby was just right.  Speaking of which, I dig Punk's new ring gear.  Where does he go from here?  Where does Christian go?  Where does Adam Cole go, bay-bay?

Intriguing questions.  Hey, I don't know about you, but I can't wait until the marriage between Indi Hartwell and Dexter Lumis.  The superfly NXT logo?  Why, it's the talk of the town!  I'm not being sarcastic at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment