9/29/21

Geek Out #152


I recently rewatched the 2005 version of War of the Worlds (on basic cable, of all mediums).  What a fucking movie.  I remember catching it in a seedy theater, but no matter how dingy and bedimmed the environment, I was going to be swept away by the epic nature of this Spielbergian thing.  It's one of the very, very few movies to have reminded me as an adult that "Hollywood" is magical.  I'm using "Hollywood" as a denotation device for filmmaking in general.  The silver screen should evoke wonder, and even sixteen years later, War of the Worlds instilled a sense of childlike awe into my melanoid heart.

Today's Geek Out is my favorite scene.  It's, like, whoooooaaaa...y'know?  NOTE: If the video doesn't play, you may have to click through to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment