10/2/21

Tiny Terror Con

I made a doggy friend!

It's been a hot minute since I've attended a true horror convention.  Usually, I have to schlep myself to Charlotte to feed on brazen vendors, but this one cropped up in my hometown.  It was co-organized by a friend of mine.  I'll link you to the information (see below), but of course, it's over now.  There will be a second edition next October, however.  I have been told that it will be bigger and better.  2021's Tiny Terror Con was already pretty damn rad, if I do say so myself.

This won't be a meticulously in-depth dissertation, but I did want to bluster about the cool swag I copped.  It begs the question: is it considered bragging if I spent a stupid amount of money?  I'm either broadcasting the fact that I have awesome shit OR I'm a fool who parted with *cough* $100 *cough*.  Anyway, I found an episode of Skeleton Warriors (y'know, the old Saturday morning cartoon) on VHS.  Mint condition!  I picked up issues of Eerie and Vampirella.  The latter is quite captivating; I read half of it while waiting for my chicken tenders at lunch.  I'm five.

Movie-wise, I procured 1993's The Good Son (I've always wanted to see this flick-a-dee...expect a review later in the year), 1978's Die, Sister, Die!, and 2014's Mostly motherfucking Ghostly.  Um, it's the Ghoulfriend installment.  Did I say that I was five?  I meant four.  But folks, my big ticket item is a Creepshow figure.  It's the window creep from the iconic prologue!  Fucking righteous!  Also, I am now the proud owner of a fanny pack that looks like a VHS tape.  Dreams.  These are the things that dreams are made of.  Grammar.  That was bad grammar.

All in all, I had a great time blowing my wad at Hickory's first horror convention.  THIS is their website.  Thanks to Bobby for the heads up!  I'm wiped.  Man, that birthday cash came in handy.  I figure, I might as well profit off of the encroaching sweep of mortality.  I'm still winning, sweet Death!

An actual photograph of a skeleton warrior.  This is NOT a cartoon.  This is real.  This is serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment