4/9/11

Parts Unknown #46: Smackdown


I can't promise that this will be a diligent, in-depth look at last night's Smackdown, but I didn't want to skip it two weeks in a row. The things I do for you!

PROS

~ The two-out-of-three-falls match between The Corre and The Random Babyfaces (you might as well call it a faction). It was given plenty of time, and each guy chipped in with offense. This will be the first match ever to appear in both sections of Parts Unknown. I told you why it's a "pro;" scroll down to find out why it's also a "con."

~ Cody Rhodes scores another victory! It looks like we'll be seeing a rematch between Captain Mexico and The American Nightmare. Sounds good to me.

~ I loved the backstage segment with Edge and Christian. It was well-acted, well-written and well-timed.

~ We finally saw more of Beth Pheonix's ring prowess. When the hell are they going to pair her up with Awesome Kong?

~ Sin Cara strikes again! I appreciate the fact that Vince is trying to get him over as a fan favorite before tossing him into a program.

~ The main event. Of course, I wanted Christian to win, but this plan of action will pay off in the long run.

CONS

~ The two-out-of-three-falls match between The Corre and The Random Babyfaces. Once again, the young champions lose for no reason. Whatever happened to the youth movement? And why did the referee disqualify The Corre? The match had already broken down. There was no outside interference. What a messy finish.

~ Marriage counseling for LayCool? I don't like where this is heading.

Overall, this was a strong episode. Smackdown is still the most consistent wrestling series on television.

No comments:

Post a Comment