4/30/11

Parts Unknown #51: Smackdown


Next week, the effects of the draft will take place. On this week's episode of Smackdown, superstars from both rosters performed for my viewing pleasure. And it was...alright.

PROS

~ Sheamus looked great as he stomped a mudhole into Kofi Kingston's karkass (see what I did there?). I would have preferred an actual match, but this segment served its purpose.

~ The Sin Cara/Jack Swagger match. Dig the mood lighting. I didn't notice any major botches, and the contrasting styles of both parties meshed with relative aptness. Even the trampoline entrance went off without a hitch. They should let The Big Show try it out sometime.

~ Hmm, a newbie. If you don't know what I'm referring to, a fresh face appeared backstage with The Great Khali and his insignificant manager. Apparently, this "mystery man" is Jinder Mahal, a product of FCW. He has the look. I'm curious to see if he has the talent. I'm listing this as a pro because new blood is always encouraging.

~ Mark Henry is a heel now, huh? I'll give him this much; he worked a decent match with Rey Mysterio. I don't see why Chris Masters couldn't have been afforded this spot, though. Hell, I'd settle for Tyler Reks. At least he has productive years ahead of him.

~ Kane. Big Show. Double chokeslams. I approve.

~ The main event. It was a solid wrestling match. Here again, there isn't much to say.

CONS

~ Vince! I have an idea. Put Randy Orton in the middle of the ring to kick off Smackdown every week. Send him one promising up-and-comer after another on a conveyor belt for him to squash. Make sure that he doesn't break a sweat (this is extremely important). Clearly, I didn't care for Randy's opening promo.

~ Why book a match between Layla and Michelle McCool before they butt heads at a PPV? The girls are trying to save this feud, and I don't blame them for the awful booking, but the crowd isn't buying it. At least Taker won't be denied pussy while he is recovering from his Wrestlemania bout.

Can they draft Michael Cole to TNA?

No comments:

Post a Comment