7/5/11

Parts Unknown #65: Raw


Another "you're fired" angle. Great. Let's do this.

PROS

~ Let me get this out of the way. While I feel that they are crushing the momentum of CM Punk's controversial promo by following it up with typical "sports entertainment" garbage, I will concede that John Cena started this episode with solid mic work. And Vince McMahon's closing sentiments were well-played. It was great hearing him say "you're fired" one more time. But you know that they are going to fuck this up. Ideally, Punk would win at Money in the Bank. Ideally, he would defend the WWE Championship in other companies, other countries even. Ideally, Cena would be presented with a pink slip. Ideally, Stephanie McMahon would be sitting on my lap right now. Look, I'm shooting!

~ The Diva tag match was...alright.

~ R-Truth on the phone with Flo. Ron, you're my pick to nab the briefcase.

~ The tag team match between Koztino and The New Rockers. I mean, The New Nexus. We got frequent tags and double-team maneuvers. I approve. We're so close to having a real tag division, I can taste it.

~ Sgt. Slaughter being a badass. I pledge my allegiance to the glory days of the WWF!

~ The triple threat match featuring R-Truth, Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio. It wasn't as good as Punk/Rey/Rio, but it was still the match of the night.

~ Dolph Ziggler's promo. In related news, I'd bang Vickie Guerrero in half.

CONS

~ Andy's video package. It was silly.

~ I'm glad that they used Zack Ryder, but what the fuck was that? Is that all they could come up with?

I didn't mention the Miz/Riley segment because I have no opinion of it. Meh. This column was pre-taped, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment