8/7/11

Donations


So I added a "donate" button to the site. Shit's tight. Actually, shit is usually tight. I have made peace with the possibility that I'll never make a living off of writing about Rockula and Vanilla Coke. But I'm really good at writing about this stuff, so at the very least, I should keep doing it until I have a "real" job. Circumstances being what they are, that may never happen either.

Imagine some guy playing an acoustic guitar in a subway terminal. You think to yourself, "Hey, he's a starving artist. I admire that." You toss a dollar bill into his guitar case, and you go on your merry way. This is the same thing, only I hope that you stick around to hear the rest of my song. Admittedly, I feel shifty asking for donations, but if you'll notice, most (if not all) fansites ask for donations. If they're not asking for donations, they're selling merchandise. In other words, cash rules everything around me. Cream, get the money. Dollar, dollar bill. You all (or y'all, if you prefer).

I don't know how many regular readers I have, but if you dig the site and you want it to stay afloat, consider donating to the Keep Dom From Having a Psychotic Break Fund. It can be anything. Literally. A penny, a dollar, used panties...whatever. The "donate" button is to the right (depending on your screen resolution, you may have to scroll down a tad). If you don't want to donate, that's cool, too. Simply visiting my site is charitable enough (I'm not being sarcastic). Okay, back to work. Where did I leave my copy of Retro Puppet Master (I'm being sarcastic)?

No comments:

Post a Comment