8/16/11

Parts Unknown #73: Raw


Apart from the main event and a dazzling CM Punk promo, this was a lackluster episode of Raw.

PROS

~ The Falls Count Anywhere match between R-Truth and John Morrison. They utilized key spots in the arena to craft a tight, yet brutal brawl. I don't know if the win helped Nitro any (the guy is on autopilot), but hopefully, he's just getting warmed up.

~ The Diva's of Doom...I could see them contending for the tag titles. They would wipe the floor with Otungacutty.

~ Kevin Nash seems to be rusty on the mic, but Punk salvaged a dubious segment. I marked for the Oz/Vinnie Vegas references because I'm that kind of wrestling fan. This little exchange proved that the best bits of "sports entertainment" are unscripted.

~ Stephanie! So good to see you.

~ The tag team contest involving Otungacutty and Bourne/Kingston. The latter team reminds me of a modern day 1-2-3 Kid/Bob Holly. They are a convenient pairing who would look dapper with belts around their waists. If they become a legitimate tag team, they will remind me of a modern day High Energy. As a matter of fact, they should wear High Energy's ring attire (YouTube it, bitches).

~ The main event. Immense kudos to Rey Mysterio for working through a dozen injuries.

CONS

~ I didn't want all of the answers, but I wanted more than what we were handed. Triple H's promo was a BBB (Big Bag of Blah...I came up with that). I'm not crazy about where this angle is heading. The unpredictability is still there, but I'm not as engrossed as I was two weeks ago.

~ The Subway advertisement. Fuck off. It's so obvious that they have no clue what to do with The Miz right now. Unite the fucking brands already. There are too many heels on Raw.

~ The Riley/Swagger match. The commentary was awkward and confusing. Oh, and A-Ri is back in my doghouse. Send his ass to FCW.

On an encouraging note, The Young Bucks had a WWE tryout match. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment