8/10/11

Matches That Time Forgot #13

It occurred to me that I have yet to post an ECW match that time forgot. Tonight, I rectify my indiscretion.

This is a bout from the turbulent TNN era that signed ECW's death warrant while simultaneously exposing the company to a wider audience. The four men involved have since walked disparate paths. The Impact Players (Lance Storm and Justin Credible) found moderate success in WWE. Hell, Storm even held a few titles in WCW, though I can't imagine that anyone remembers Team Canada (aside from Canadians, that is). Before joining Paul Heyman's circus of pain, Credible wrestled as Aldo Montoya in the Federation. He once squared off against Jerry "The King" Lawler on Superstars. That should give you a clue as to where he fit on the roster.

Rhyno's best days are behind him. His last run in TNA was simply embarrassing. Chris Candido's best days are behind him, too. But he has a good excuse; he jobbed to God. Ugh, I apologize for the tasteless joke, but you don't get many opportunities to work God into wrestling humor. Anyway, it's a shame that he died at such a young age. The kid was underutilized. He delivered solid matches in spite of goofy gimmicks (did Vince actually think that The Bodydonnas were a viable tag team?). I'll shut up now.


No comments:

Post a Comment