8/2/11

Parts Unknown #70: Raw


There is a lot happening in the WWE right now. Duke "The Dumpster" Droese is chasing the Cruiserweight Championship, Rockin' Robin is laying waste to the Diva's division and The Beverly Brothers have joined The New Corre. Luckily, Hunter Hearst McMahon is here to take the edge off.

PROS

~ We all knew that we were getting Cena and Punk at SummerSlam, but the top-notch promos that opened and closed the show made up for any lingering sense of predictability. I didn't mind that wrestling took a backseat to storytelling. Sure, no one knows what a "skinny fatass" is, but I do know that I'm looking forward to SummerSlam. If they would just book a few more matches...

~ Beth Pheonix clearing the ring and making Kelly Kelly her bitch. I don't see the need for a heel turn (I thought we were past the childish black-and-white dynamic), but this will give the Gauche Ladies of Wrestling something to do until Kharma squeezes out her precious little burden.

~ The tag match between Miz/Truth and Rey/JoMo. I can't wait for the JoMo/Truth feud to unfold. They could both be champions one day, so it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

~ Alex Riley handled himself fairly well during his exchange with Dolph Ziggler. He isn't ready for a belt, though. I'm hoping that Vickie Guerrero's auspicious client enjoys a lengthy title reign.

~ Woo, woo, woo! Yeah, the tag team division is still undead, but goddamn it, Zack Ryder is going places.

~ The Evan Bourne/Alberto Del Rio match. I loved the way that Javier "Bradshaw" Layfield worked the arm. A fun, yet meaningless flurry of action.

CONS

~ The...fuck, I can't think of anything.

No cons??? Does that mean next week's episode of Raw will tank? I'm nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment