8/5/11

Parts Known


I couldn't decide between reviewing Smackdown or Impact Wrestling, so I'm going to scribble down random thoughts about both shows. I may tackle Impact next week. If you recall, I promised that I would review other wrestling shows every once in awhile after I dropped Smackdown from my column schedule. And I meant it!

IW

~ I haven't watched a TNA product in months. Early editions of Parts Unknown covered Impact, but Dixie Carter's pet project became so careless, I couldn't bear to follow it on a regular basis anymore. Seeing as how the show has changed dramatically in 2011, I have been paying closer attention to what I consider to be WWE's retirement community. Let's be honest; the fact that the Impact Zone is stationed in Florida is not a coincidence. Don't be surprised when Melina joins the ranks of Mexican America.

~ It's good to see that the matches on Impact are getting more time than they would have received six months ago. The BFG series is a little confusing, though (what's the point of a tag team match?).

~ Speaking of tag teams, where are they? Ink Inc. no longer exists, the Guns are on hold, The Young Bucks are the best tag team on the free agent market, Beer Money are on their way to Splitsville and The British Invasion jobbed to a racist stable.

ZACKDOWN

~ I'm loving Sheamus as a face. He should have wrestled Jinder Mahal instead of Khali Gonzalez, though.

~ I'm beginning to accept Otunga/McGillicutty as a legitimate tag team. I still prefer The Uso's, but there is no reason to rush a title change.

~ Did anyone else notice that the match between AJ and Natalya was kind of awesome? Give these chicks ten minutes at a PPV. The post-match heel turn was questionable, but I'll roll with it.

~ Just unify the goddamn brands. They're not even trying to keep the rosters separate from one another.

~ Aksana? From NXT Season 3? No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. No!

So that was Parts Known.

No comments:

Post a Comment