9/5/11

Laserdiscs: THE NEXT BIG THING!


No, I don't own Insidious on Laserdisc. I'll get to James Wan's "haunted house" thriller in a minute. First, I want to let everyone know that I have a stack of Laserdiscs for sale. If you're interested in buying one (or two or all of them), drop me an e-mail. My e-mail address is located in the upper right-hand corner of every page. I thought I'd give my readership the first crack at these goodies before I list them on eBay. I haven't priced them yet, so we'll just work something out. Obviously, certain titles are worth more than others. They are all in good condition. I would categorize them as "like new."

Here is what I have...

The English Patient
The X-Files (episodes "Colony" and "End Game")
Con-Air
Men in Black
Evita
Bean
Whore
Breakdown
Fatal Instinct
The Edge
Unstrung Heroes
The Saint
The Mirror Has Two Faces
Powder
Spawn
The Lost World ('97)
Losing Isaiah
Primal Fear
One Fine Day
Ransom
GoldenEye
Speed 2: Cruise Control
Dante's Peak

As for Insidious, I rented it last night...on Blu-ray! Yeah, that's right. I don't plan on reviewing it, but I will say that I liked it quite a bit. James Wan rocks the party that rocks the party. The imagery was stylish, the demons/ghosts were uber-creepy and the cast was dependable. There were a few cliches that rubbed me the wrong way (does every monster need an ironic theme song?), but all in all, Insidious clicked as a modern day Poltergeist.

Raw review tomorrow. Be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment