8/25/24

A few thoughts on Alien: Romulus...


Well, I didn't think I would catch Alien: Romulus in theaters, but that's exactly what I just did. It was...it was. Certainly a solid entry, but it occurred to me that I just wasn't having much fun with it. Say what you want about Alien Resurrection; at least it had a fun streak. Visually speaking, Romulus feels pale and conservative. And it has to be said...the myriad of callbacks to the original are superfluous. I don't know why we needed to see Ash (don't worry, that's not a spoiler). Eh.

I don't mean to sound so downbeat. There is plenty of action, and by extension, there is plenty of goo/gore. I loved the "zero gravity" scene. Probably 3 Z'Dars, though I'd have to rank Romulus somewhere near the bottom of the franchise. It's a rental at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment