8/1/24

The Green Slime...board game?


I recently rewatched a certain motion picture.  It has long been a favorite of mine, and if you haven't seen it, you totally should.  Originally, I was going to get on here and simply talk up the awesome-ness of The Green Slime (and its theme song), but then I learned a nifty piece of trivia.  In 1980, there was a board game inspired by The Green Slime!  It's not considered official merchandise, but in reading about the game, it becomes clear that this thing was definitely modeled after the cyclopean monstrosities in the movie.  Apparently, you can either play as a crew member or as an "awful green thing."  How flippin' cool is that???

I noticed that the game is on eBay, so it might go on the ol' Christmas list.  Failing that, I might just buy it myself.  I think it's obvious that I was meant to play The Awful Green Things From Outer Space.  I mean, it was written in the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment