8/12/24

Rassle Inn #51


Has it really been over two months since I wrote one of these things?  That can only mean that I haven't been inspired, at least in terms of wrestling.  But the truth is, WWE's product has been ridiculously entertaining as of late.  It's not perfect.  There are plenty of talents wavering in the middle of the card, and regrettably, half of the women's roster is simply blah.  I'll be curious to see if/when Nikki Cross starts having matches as the tragic, disconcerting Abby the Witch.  So what's the general consensus on The Wyatt Sicks?  I asked my friends on Facebook what they thought (all two of them) and the response was overwhelmingly positive.  If recent episodes of Raw are to be believed, live crowds are warming up to the new stable as well.

I'll be (im)perfectly honest.  I'm still not sure where I fall on the matter.  They're getting a reaction, but how long will that last when there are no coherent storylines to support them?  Where is this going exactly?  How many more tapes can be delivered to the commentary table before logic falls apart?  I don't want to be pointlessly pessimistic.  I'm willing to keep watching, and obviously, I'm not alone.  My idea?  I'm glad you asked.  Give them a run with the tag titles and build to a unification match against The Bloodline (preferably, Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa) at Wrestlemania.  The tag division needs teams with strong identities, and plus, you would have a clear heel/face dynamic.  Just my two cents.

What's going on with AEW?  No, I'm asking.  This will be the first All In that I don't plan on purchasing.  Even if I was excited about it, it feels silly paying over $50 for a PPV in 2024.  I do want to see Mercedes Mone vs. Britt Baker, I guess.  Meh.  Raw starts soon.  Now that, I will watch.  Well, I'll watch most of it.  Fingers crossed that the move to Netflix signals the end of the three-hour era.  By the way, I've decided that Dominik Mysterio is one of my current favorite wrestlers.  You don't understand.  Us Doms...we gotta stick together.  I don't have much of a choice.  Plus, more Dom means more Liv Morgan.  Again, my hands are tied.  Play my entrance music!

No comments:

Post a Comment