2/6/11

Parts Unknown #30: Smackdown


First off, sorry for the delay. It's been a hectic week. Secondly, go Packers! Fuck you, Ben Rapistburger! With that out of the way, let's jump into the latest episode of Smackdown...

PROS

~ Booker T! I'm impressed with his commentating skills. If it wasn't for Michael Cole, he would have sounded even better. Seriously, Cole might be the worst announcer I've ever heard. Why does there need to be a heel commentator on every wrestling show? Why can't two unbiased people simply call the action?

~ The Drew McIntyre/Kofi Kingston match. These two guys work so well together. Hopefully, this will put Drew in line for a shot at the Intercontinental Championship.

~ The Rey Mysterio/Jack Swagger match. I loved the way that Jack worked Rey's leg. He made me grimace a few times.

~ They teased a heel turn for Kelly Kelly, and while it didn't amount to anything, it gave her character some depth. Actually, a heel turn might just be what she needs.

~ Speaking of villains, Alberto Del Rio gave one of the best heel promos that I've seen in a long while. In a recent interview, the former Dos Caras Jr. said that he never wants to be a babyface again, and I can see why. He's a natural bad guy.

~ Kane's squash match against Chavo Guerrero. I'm glad that he's still being booked as a dominant figure.

~ Kelly Kelly hits the spear! Decent ending.

No cons. In my opinion, this particular Smackdown was excellent, especially for those of us who are drawn to quality wrestling matches. This was a boring review, I know. You'll get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment