5/21/11

Parts Unknown #56: Smackdown


Thinking about Randy Savage made me realize just how much the product has suffered in recent years. I'm disillusioned by the WWE. We're in the doldrums right now, and yes, some of it has to do with the fact that the champions from each brand are incomparably dull. Smackdown is still my favorite show, but I'll be honest; it was hard to get enthused about last night's festivities.

PROS

~ Woah...did I just see Sheamus talking in a box in the lower right-hand corner of the screen? Interesting. His match with Christian was decent, if not overly telegraphed. I would enjoy it more if I knew that Christian stood a chance at Over the Limit.

~ Natalya wrested a tolerable match out of a Bella twin. However, I'm deducting points since we were deprived of Kharma.

~ The "beat the clock" match between Daniel Bryan and Chavo Guerrero was effortlessly smooth. I appreciate the way they are handling The American Dragon. He has yet to score a meaningful victory, sure, but he hasn't looked weak either. Note to self: buy one of those snazzy Sin Cara shirts.

~ I'm really digging Jinder Mahal. I don't think that I've ever been this intrigued by a Great Khali program.

CONS

~ I want to accept Ezekiel Jackson as a legitimate midcarder, but dear God, that was an awful promo. This is the number one contender for the Intercontinental Championship? Where have all of the charismatic wrestlers gone?

~ Cody Rhodes is a badass, but I don't understand why they have paired him up with the lifeless Ted DiBiase Jr. They were in Legacy...so what? DiBiase will never get over as a babyface. And what was the point of the "Corpus Christi" skit? What the fuck? Was that supposed to make me laugh?

~ Poor Trent Baretta. If you're going to push someone, make it this guy. Or Yoshi Tatsu.

~ The main event. It was slower than a traffic jam.

Is Randy Orton possessed by David Lee Roth?

No comments:

Post a Comment