1/18/11

Parts Unknown #26: Raw


We're getting closer to the Royal Rumble. What does that mean? It means that Raw needed to be better than it was last week. Let's see how this episode fared...

PROS

~ The opening sequence was long-winded, but it did its job. It got me excited for the upcoming PPV. A 40-man Royal Rumble? Good call, Vince! That leaves plenty of room for young talent, established stars and a few surprises (be on the lookout for a certain son-in-law...no, I'm not talking about Pauly Shore).

~ The John Morrison/Daniel Bryan match. Give these men a 20-minute match at the Rumble. It will be godly. Plus, it's been ages since we've seen a decent feud between two babyfaces.

~ The Dolph Ziggler/Randy Orton match. I don't have much to say about it. It was just another solid match with a clean finish.

~ Maryse flipping out. I've read reports online that WWE officials feel like she is taking away from Ted DiBiase's push. Excuse me? I didn't realize that he was being pushed. If Vince wants The Fortunate Son to look strong, then maybe he should let him win every once in awhile. Don't blame it on Maryse. I would rather watch her than her on-screen boyfriend. At least she has charisma. Hand to God, I've caught the microphone sleeping during Ted's promos.

~ The main event. That was the best Cena match that I've seen since...geez, Summerslam? No doubt, it was because of his opponent - CM "Jesus Christ" Punk. The debut of one Mason Ryan was a pleasant surprise. He is being groomed to fill the void left behind by Dave Batista. Makes sense, seeing as how they could have been separated at birth.

CONS

~ I finally get my tag title match between Santino/Koslov and The Uso's only for it to end in less than five minutes. What a letdown! Is this program over already? Will there be a rematch at the Rumble? Ugh.

~ Let me get this straight. The Bella Twins made a bet to see who can bed Daniel Bryan first? Did I hear that right? I'm hoping that this is one of those Three's Company situations where they're actually talking about something else. I mean, that's TNA stupid.

~ Cena's mic skills. What else is new?

All in all, this was a pretty good Raw. Let's pray to Joe Pesci that a United States Championship bout between Bryan and Morrison comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment